Our own Lori Yearwood answered a call from actor Adrian Paul and next thing she new she was putting on her educator cap, technology cape and flying down to LA Talk Radio to do a one hour radio show for Adrian’s charity The Peace Fund! Ok, she calmly accepted the offer to converse with Adrian on the topic of technology as it relates to education today, and being that she works out of our LA office, she drove 10 min to meet him for his Peace Fund Radio Show.
Adrian, best known for his role as Duncan McCloud on the Highlander Series, founded The Peace Fund to focus on small, under-funded and hard-working charities who are determined to make a positive difference to the lives of children living in extraordinarily difficult circumstances. Every Wednesday he hosts the Peace Fund Radio show discussing relevant current topics with expert guests and featured heroes who are making a great difference.
The content of Lori’s show flowed like a great conversation discussing whether technology in our school system is beneficial or detrimental to our students. Listen to a recorded archive here:
How might you have chimed in with your thoughts on some of these topics?
- Teachers’ abilities to implement technology
- Technology being used as a bandaid solution for underperforming schools rather than hiring more teachers
- Should all schools receive equal technological resources?
- Effects of technology use at home
- Students losing creativity and the ability to solve problems on their own
- The continuing pattern of grand educational movements that always dwindle out and disappoint
Please feel free to comment below with your own thoughts and experiences, we’d love to keep the conversation going.