2011 was a year of challenges, both personally and in business.
In terms of Ahimsa Media, it was a year that saw much growth in the company in a positive way, in which Lori and I really were able to make some informed decisions on the direction we wanted to take the company. It was also a very busy year for the company, in which we:
- Built the social media strategy around a number of television series;
- Managed the digital storytelling, digital audience building and social networking for 6 TV Series and Films;
- Wrote successful funding applications for clients;
- Taught at 3 Post-Secondary Institution across Canada, including a grad school lab;
- Spoke around the World at film festivals and travel conferences on the digital space;
- Launched a new transmedia travel property, Roamancing, with Emme Rogers; and
- Sat on the Advisory Board for Merging Media and the Adhoc Advisory Board for a new Digital Program at a Post-Secondary Institution.
It even ended personally with 2 marriage proposals in 2-days, but then I guess that’s Egypt for you.
As we head into 2012, we look forward to exciting new challenges, growing as speakers around the world, building in the travel industry in addition to the fun we have with the film and television world, and of course, a little Roamancing (before long we shall have this word in everyones vocabulary, as really who doesn’t want to roamance).
Happy New Year everyone! Wishing you a year of love, health, happiness and a whole of fun, wherever your adventures end up taking you.
With love and laughter from,
Erica, Lori and the rest of the Ahimsa Media gang