Welcome everyone to the new and improved Ahimsa Media!!
As many of you are aware, Ahimsa Media has been undergoing some changes over the past year and a half, shifting our focus from Traditional Broadcast and Video Production to New, Social and Emerging Media Storytelling and we are loving it! In the busyness, it’s taken a while to update and rebuild the Ahimsa Media site to reflect our current focus and work, but here it is at long last!!!
So what are we up to these days?
Our main focus is on New, Emerging and Social Media Storytelling.
What does that mean? Well, that we consult with Traditional Media (films, tv series, video, books, magazines, writers, directors, advertisers ..etc), Businesses and Corporations to help them tell their stories to the new and interactive Social Media space. This involves building aspects of their stories online in an interactive manner or telling the behind the scenes story of the making of. An example of this would be Being Emme, one author’s adventures in the writing of her novels. We also built the original Sexy In Van City (2008), helped with the online promotion of the Vancouver Theatrical Release of Mark Leiren-Young’s The Green Chain, and are currently consulting on menvent.
As an accompaniment to New, Emerging and Social Media Storytelling Consulting, we are also busy educating on New, Emerging and Social Media Storytelling.
Photo Taken by Invoke Media at WIFF New Media Day 2009
Educational Initiatives have included:
- building Bridging Media with Megan Cole
- helping Achilles Media tell the stories of the 2008 nextMEDIA and the BANFF Television Festival online
- co-producing the 2009 WIFF New Media Day with Maayan Cohen and Danika Dinsmore.
Upcoming educational initiatives include:
- New, Emerging and Social Media Classes and Workshops taught by Tris Hussey and Erica Hargreave
- participating on a panel on Interactive Storytelling at the Yorkton Film Festival
- teaching two Social Media Storytelling Classes to teens through the Delta School District
Aside from that, we are busy as always with a few Traditional Media Projects. The current projects include:
- writing the scripts and education packages for four BC Health related ESL Videos for ELSA Net
- writing the educational package for the movie, The Green Chain
- regularly contributing to Cloverleaf Country Magazine